The Health Care Practitioners forum for nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and other health care practitioners in ALS/ MND will be held on Thursday 16th of May in Tours. The ENCALS Health Practitioners Forum invites all nurses and other health care practitioners working and researching people living with MND across Europe.
The aim of the forum is to setup a face to face platform for AHP to exchange best practice cases in order to harmonize and standardize both care and research outcomes for ALS patient.
All nurses, speech therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists providing ALS care in one of the ENCALS centres were very welcome to attend. Join us in the future to discuss practical care of people living with ALS/MND.
Registration for the Health Care Practitioners/ Nurse forum is 57 euro per person, evening meal included. Please register on the bottom of this page.
Every centre can send one Health Care Practitioner/ Nurse free of charge. Please send name, affiliation, e-mail address and dietary restrictions if applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be determined
Participants are requested to share some experiences about their work and the organization of ALS/ MND care in their country. For example, please find below the overview of the ALS nurses of St.Gallen, Switzerland.
Health care practitioners forum committee
The health care practitioners/ nurse forum committee consists of:
- Judith Newton, National Nursing Lead for Motor Neurone Disease, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Jan Clarke, Consultant Nurse for MND, University College London Hospitals, UK
- Rachael Marsden, MND specialist nurse, Oxford MND centre
- Ursula Schneider Rosinger, ALS Care Nurse, Clinical Study Coordinator, Kantonsspital St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Tommy Bunte, Physician Assistant, Universitity Medical Center Utrecht, the Netherlands.