The ALS Clinical Trial Staff Forum for research nurses, research coordinators and other research staff members in ALS/ MND will be hold on Thursday 2nd of June in Edinburgh. The ALS Clinical Trial Staff Forum invites all research nurses and coordinators involved in the management of ALS/MND clinical trials to join the forum and share their experiences.
The aim of the forum is to setup a face-to-face platform to exchange experiences of ALS/MND clinical trial management, discuss about common challenges and share tips and knowledge.
All research nurses and coordinators involved in ALS/MND trial management in one of the ENCALS centers are very welcome to attend.
Participants are requested to share some experiences about their work and the organization of ALS/ MND clinical trial management in their country/site.
Registration for the ALS Clinical Trial Staff Forum is now closed. We have reached maximum capacity for registrations for the ENCALS meeting.
Health care practitioners forum committee
The ALS Clinical Trial Staff Forum committee consists of:
- Nikita Lamaire, Clinical Trial Assistant, Studycoordinator, UZLeuven, Belgium
- Erica Stenberg, Study Coordinator, Clinical Genetics counselor & Research Nurse. Norrlands universitetssjukhus, Umeå, Sweden
- Juliette Foucher, Clinical Research Coordinator and PhD Candidate in Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska University Hospital and Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
- Rim Ayari, Clinical Research Associate, CHRU Tours, France
- Andrea Gonzalez, Spain
- Tessa Kliest, General manager TRICALS, the Netherlands
- Romy Verschoor, Pharmaceutical trial manager TRICALS, the Netherlands
- Tommy Bunte, Physician Assistant, University Medical Center Utrecht, the Netherlands.
The forum will be hold at the ENCALS meeting venue (Foyer 5) – McEwan Hall, Teviot Pl, Edinburgh EH8 9AG.
Accessibility: The McEwan Hall is fully wheelchair accessible. There is a hearing loop. There will be a quiet room / speaker preparation room available throughout the meeting.
Baby room: There will be a nursing/feeding and baby-changing room available for delegates who are travelling with a companion and a baby. We will provide bottle warmers and a small amount of baby toys/books. There is an adjoining bathroom with sink. Please note that there will not be childminders/babysitters present and that children must not be left unsupervised. Please contact the organisers if you wish to discuss making use of this facility.
WiFi and device charging: There will be free WiFi available. Please note that the McEwan Hall is a historic building and that charging points are limited. There will be a charging station at the registration desk (devices left at the owner’s risk) but we advise delegates to bring a battery pack if possible to charge laptops and phones during the day.