The ENCALS Health Practitioners Forum invites all nurses and other health care practitioners to the 1st inaugural meeting for nurses working and researching people living with MND across Europe.
The aim of the forum – “To share good practice across Europe”
All nurses, speech therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists providing ALS care in one of the ENCALS centres are very welcome to attend. You are warmly invited to join us on Friday 19th May to discuss practical care of people living with ALS/MND.
Topics under discussion are:
- ALS/MND care across Europe – learning and sharing experiences
- Coping with patients who have cognitive and behavioural impairments
- Complex respiratory scenarios
- ALS and Hope
- Training of the ALS-FRS and respiratory measurements
Registration of this Health Care practitioners/ Nurse forum is free. Registration is now closed. We have over 40 participants from Europe and worldwide.
The venue for the meeting is the Cankarjev dom Culture and Congress Centre in the city centre of Ljubljana. This is also the location of the main ENCALS meeting. Address: Prešernova cesta 10
For more information on Ljubljana, visit www.visitljubljana.si
Participants are requested to share some experiences about their work and the organization of ALS/ MND care in their country. Please provide a quick overview to your colleagues from other countries – but feel free on how you do it. As an example, please find below the overview of the ALS nurses of St.Gallen, Switzerland.
Health care practitioners forum committee
The health care practitioners/ Nurse forum committee consists of:
- Judith Newton, National Nursing Lead for Motor Neurone Disease, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Jan Clarke, Consultant Nurse for MND, University College London Hospitals, UK
- Bea Goldman, ALS Care Counselling, ICU Nurse, Kantonsspital St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Helma Sommer, ALS Care Nurse, Clinical Study Coordinator, Kantonsspital St. Gallen, Switzerland