The ENCALS meeting 2017 will take place in Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, from Thursday 18th to Saturday 20th of May. Local organizer is dr. Blaz Koritnik of the Ljubljana University Medical Centre.
Plenary speakers for the ENCALS 2017 meeting in Ljubljana:
- Prof. Jernej Ule (London, UK)
- Dr. Federica Agosta (Milan, Italy)
- Dr. Russell McLaughlin (Dublin, Ireland)
- Dr. Thomas Bak (Edinburgh, UK)
- Dr. Janine Kirby (Sheffield, UK)
- Prof. Olivier Hermine (Paris, France)
The abstract submission deadline has passed (March 26th 2017 24:00). The abstracts have been reviewed by the programme committee. All authors have been notified whether their abstract is accepted as oral or poster presentation. In case an author has not received an email, please check your spambox or contact email@example.com.
There are very limited spots available for late breaking news. The deadline for late breaking abstracts is May 1th. To submit a late breaking news abstract, please register on this website by choosing ‘register user’ in the top of the screen. As soon as you are registered and logged in, click in the top right corner of the screen and click on ‘my abstracts’ to create an abstract. Abstracts can be 350 words max. There are no mandatory headings for your abstract.
Posters should be printed size A0 PORTRAIT or max. 95 cm (width) by 140 cm (height). Please note that landscape posters will not fit on the posterboards. Materials to fix the poster to the posterboard will be provided at the registration desk. Poster board numbers and poster sessions will be included in the programme soon. Please stand by your poster during your poster session in the programme.
Registration (for both established researchers and PhD students) includes:
- Participation at all ENCALS lectures and access to the exhibition area
- Congress bag including programme booklet
- ENCALS Dinner on Friday evening (the location is Festival Hall, Vilharjeva street 11. Bus transfers will be organised from Cankarjev dom and back.)
- Lunch at the exhibition area on Thursday and Friday
- Coffee at the exhibition area during the breaks
Hotels in Ljubljana
Hotels in Ljubljana are easily accessible from the airport, since it is only 25 km from Jože Pučnik Airport to the city centre. Ljubljana has railway and bus stations located in the heart of the city. All hotels are centrally located. For more information on Ljubljana, visit www.visitljubljana.si
Accommodation is available via www.booking.com/Ljubljana-Hotels
Here is a list of hotels in Ljubljana with the walking distance from the meeting venue:
- Hotel Slon Best Western (5 mins walking distance) www.hotelslon.com
- City Hotel (10 mins) www.cityhotel.si
- Park (15 mins) www.hotelpark.si
- Hotel Mrak (3 mins) http://hotelmrak.si/en/
- Hotel Cubo (3 mins) www.hotelcubo.com/en
- Antiq Palace Hotel (5 mins) www.antiqpalace.com
- Hotel Emonec (5 mins) www.hotel-emonec.com
- Grand Hotel Union Business (10 mins) www.union-hotels.eu/en/grand-hotel-union-business
- Grand Hotel Union (10 mins) www.union-hotels.eu/en/grand-hotel-union
- Hotel Lev (10 mins) www.union-hotels.eu/en/hotel-lev
- Vander Urbani Resort (10 mins) www.vanderhotel.com/eng
- Hotel Center (10 mins) www.hotelcenter.si
- B&B Slamič (10 mins) http://slamic.si
- Central Hotel (15 mins) www.union-hotels.eu/en/central-hotel
- Hotel Galleria (15) www.hotelgalleria.eu
- Adora Hotel (15 min) www.adorahotel.si
- Hotel Meksiko (25 min) www.hotel-meksiko.si
- Hotel Asteria (25 min) www.hotel-medno.si/en/hotel-asteria
- Hostel Celica has many affordable 1 and 2- bedrooms (25 min) www.hostelcelica.com/en
Travel to Ljubljana
Ljubljana is best served by its International Airport at Brnik (Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport), 23 km northwest of the city, with daily connections to most major European cities. From the airport, Ljubljana can be easily reached either by bus shuttle service to Ljubljana bus station (approx. EUR 10) or by taxi (approx. EUR 40).
There are direct flights to Ljubljana from: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belgrade, Birmingham, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Manchester, Moscow, Munich, Ohrid, Paris, Podgorica, Prague, Pristina, Rome, Sarajevo, Skopje, Tirana, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich.
There are cheap airlines flying to Ljubljana:
- Easyjet (London Stansted and London Gatwick): www.easyjet.com/en/cheap-flights/slovenia/ljubljana
- Wizzair (London Luton and Brussels Charleroi): wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/destinations/city-guides/getdestination/ljubljana#/
- A new cheap flight option from Amsterdam to Ljubljana, starting from April 2017: www.transavia.com/en-EU/destinations/slovenia/ljubljana/
Transfers from the Ljubljana airport and the other airports to Ljubljana centre can be booked on www.goopti.com
You may also find it convenient to use one of the neighbouring airports such as:
- Trieste (Italy), 128 km southwest of Ljubljana
- Klagenfurt (Austria), 90 km north of Ljubljana
- Zagreb (Croatia), 141 km southeast of Ljubljana
Internet: Wireless internet will be avaliable at the conference venue.
Money Exchange: The Slovenian legal tender is EUR. Foreign currency may be exchanged at banks, exchange offices, travel agencies, hotels, airports and railway stations.
Automatic Cash Dispensers: Automatic cash dispensers accepting Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard, American Express credit cards and Maestro Cirrus are situated at all main banks in Ljubljana and also at Ljubljana Airport.
Credit Cards: All major credit cards, such as American Express, Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard, Diners, are widely accepted in hotels, restaurants, and shops.
Electricity: Electricity in Slovenia is 220V, 50Hz. Continental Europe (Schuko) plugs are used.
Drinking Water: Tap water is safe to drink in Slovenia.
Time: European summer time, one hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).