The ENCALS meeting 2017 will take place in Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, from Thursday 18th to Saturday 20th of May.
Plenary speakers for the ENCALS 2017 meeting in Ljubljana include:
- Prof. Jernej Ule (London, UK)
- Dr. Federica Agosta (Milan, Italy)
- Dr. Russell McLaughlin (Dublin, Ireland)
- Dr. Thomas Bak (Edinburgh, UK)
- Dr. Janine Kirby (Sheffield, UK)
The deadline for abstract submission is March 20th 2017. There are very limited spots available for late breaking news. The deadline for late breaking abstracts is May 1th.
Please register on this website by choosing ‘register user’ in the top of the screen. As soon as you are registered and logged in, click in the top right corner of the screen and click on ‘my abstracts’ to create an abstract. Abstracts can be 350 words max. There are no mandatory headings for your abstract.
All abstracts will be reviewed by the programme committee.
ENCALS provides a max. of 5 travel grants for young qualified researchers to encourage participants from underrepresented countries. The travel grant amount is up to a maximum of €500, based on actual travel expenses. Please read about the criteria and applications for the travel grants.
Hotels in Ljubljana
Hotels in Ljubljana are easily accessible from the airport, since it is only 25 km from Jože Pučnik Airport to the city centre. Ljubljana has railway and bus stations located in the heart of the city. All hotels are centrally located. For more information on Ljubljana, visit www.visitljubljana.si
Please find below four hotels with reduced fees (code ENCALS). The number of rooms available for the ENCALS conference is limited and accommodation cannot be guaranteed after the deadlines listed below.
|Hotel& Category||Distance from the venue||Single Room||Double Room||Booking form|
|Hotel Slon Best Western (4*)
|5 minutes walking||€120-131||€141||Email the Slon BestWestern_reservation form to email@example.com
deadline April 5
|City Hotel (3*)
|10 minutes walking||€96,30-116,30||€117,60-132,60||Online booking form
deadline April 17Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
|15 minutes walking||€76,30-86,30||€86,60-98,60||Email the Park_reservation form to email@example.com
deadline April 17
|3 minutes walking||€89,30||€107,60||contact firstname.lastname@example.org code ENCALS2017|
Here is a list of other hotels in Ljubljana within 30 minutes walking distance from the meeting venue:
- Hotel Cubo (3 mins) www.hotelcubo.com/en
- Antiq Palace Hotel (5 mins) www.antiqpalace.com
- Hotel Emonec (5 mins) www.hotel-emonec.com
- Grand Hotel Union Business (10 mins) www.union-hotels.eu/en/grand-hotel-union-business
- Grand Hotel Union (10 mins) www.union-hotels.eu/en/grand-hotel-union
- Hotel Lev (10 mins) www.union-hotels.eu/en/hotel-lev
- Vander Urbani Resort (10 mins) www.vanderhotel.com/eng
- Hotel Center (10 mins) www.hotelcenter.si
- B&B Slamič (10 mins) http://slamic.si
- Central Hotel (15 mins) www.union-hotels.eu/en/central-hotel
- Hotel Galleria (15) www.hotelgalleria.eu
- Adora Hotel (15 min) www.adorahotel.si
- Hotel Meksiko (25 min) www.hotel-meksiko.si
- Hotel Asteria (25 min) www.hotel-medno.si/en/hotel-asteria
- Hostel Celica has many affordable 1 and 2- bedrooms (25 min) www.hostelcelica.com/en
Please find more options (hotels, B&Bs, hostels, apartments) at www.booking.com/Ljubljana-Hotels
Travel to Ljubljana
Ljubljana is best served by its International Airport at Brnik (Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport), 23 km northwest of the city, with daily connections to most major European cities. From the airport, Ljubljana can be easily reached either by bus shuttle service to Ljubljana bus station (approx. EUR 10) or by taxi (approx. EUR 40).
There are direct flights to Ljubljana from: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belgrade, Birmingham, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Manchester, Moscow, Munich, Ohrid, Paris, Podgorica, Prague, Pristina, Rome, Sarajevo, Skopje, Tirana, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich.
There are cheap airlines flying to Ljubljana:
- Easyjet (London Stansted and London Gatwick): www.easyjet.com/en/cheap-flights/slovenia/ljubljana
- Wizzair (London Luton and Brussels Charleroi): wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/destinations/city-guides/getdestination/ljubljana#/
- A new cheap flight option from Amsterdam to Ljubljana, starting from April 2017: www.transavia.com/en-EU/destinations/slovenia/ljubljana/
Transfers from the Ljubljana airport and the other airports to Ljubljana centre can be booked on www.goopti.com
You may also find it convenient to use one of the neighbouring airports such as:
- Trieste (Italy), 128 km southwest of Ljubljana
- Klagenfurt (Austria), 90 km north of Ljubljana
- Zagreb (Croatia), 141 km southeast of Ljubljana
Internet: Wireless internet will be avaliable at the conference venue.
Money Exchange: The Slovenian legal tender is EUR. Foreign currency may be exchanged at banks, exchange offices, travel agencies, hotels, airports and railway stations.
Automatic Cash Dispensers: Automatic cash dispensers accepting Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard, American Express credit cards and Maestro Cirrus are situated at all main banks in Ljubljana and also at Ljubljana Airport.
Credit Cards: All major credit cards, such as American Express, Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard, Diners, are widely accepted in hotels, restaurants, and shops.
Electricity: Electricity in Slovenia is 220V, 50Hz. Continental Europe (Schuko) plugs are used.
Drinking Water: Tap water is safe to drink in Slovenia.
Time: European summer time, one hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).