The ENCALS meeting 2019 in Tours will be held in May from Wednesday the 15th until Friday the 17th. Prof. Philippe Corcia of the University Francois Rabelais of Tours is the local organizer.
The venue for the ENCALS meeting 2019 in Tours will be the Vinci International Congress Centre. This impressive building is close both to the station and to the City Hall, where the conference dinner will be held.
Registration will open in the beginning of 2019. Please make sure to register on time, on-site registration is not possible.
EARLY-BIRD FEE BEFORE MARCH 1st
- Established Researchers: € 245
- PhD students: € 150
- Each ENCALS centre is entitled to one free registration for a PhD student. Please e-mail the name, centre affiliation and diet wishes of this PhD student to email@example.com
LATE REGISTRATION AFTER MARCH 1st
- Established Researchers: € 300
- PhD students: € 200
Registration closes April 1st 2019 or as soon as the maximum number of participants has been reached. On-site registration will not be possible.
Registration (for both established researchers and PhD students) includes:
- Participation at all ENCALS lectures and poster sessions;
- Programme booklet;
- ENCALS conference dinner on Thursday May 16th at the City Hall;
- Lunch on Thursday and Friday;
- Coffee and tea during the breaks.
Poster award for PhD students
All posters with a PhD student as first and presenting author will be reviewed by members of the award committee for the PhD poster award. Therefore, all PhD students presenting a poster are requested to attend the PhD poster award session on the last day of the conference.
In collaboration with the Tourist Office of Tours, a webpage has been made available to book your accommodation.
For more information or questions, please contact:
Tourist Office of Tours
+33 2 47 70 37 46
Travel to Tours
Other airports, such as Paris Orly (ORY), do not have a direct train connection to Tours. However, it is possible to take a TGV from the Massy TGV station (which takes 15 minutes from Orly by cab) or from the Montparnasse station. To get to the Montparnasse station in Paris you can take the ORLYVAL to the Denfert-Rochereau station (17 minutes) and continue using the tube (line 6 to Montparnasse station, 5 stops away).
You also have the possibility to take a direct flight from Porto (3 weekly round-trips) and London Stansted (4 weekly round-trips) to the Tours Val de Loire Airport.
Satellite and side meetings
- The Thierry Latran meeting for researchers upon invitation on Tuesday 14th of May 2019
- The Health Care Practitioners forum for nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and other health care practitioners in ALS/ MND on Thursday 16th of May 2019