The purpose of the award is to encourage young scientists to develop research focus on ALS cause and cure. The best researcher will receive a gold medal and US$20,000. It is necessary that the study has been published in scientific journals in the last 24 months before the date of enrollment. Continue reading »
Welcome on the website of the European Network for the Cure of ALS (ENCALS), formally named EALSC
The aims of ENCALS are:
- To develop an European ALS trial network + database/biobank that
- is recognized, visible, active and efficient;
- agrees on collection/storage of clinical data and biospecimens on a European level;
- agrees on trial designs for phase II and phase III trials;
- will attract pharmaceutical companies to conduct trials in ALS in Europe;
- will be able to conduct efficiently (web-based) multinational trials within reasonable time periods;
- facilitates associated patient-oriented research projects (phenotyping, epidemiology, biomarkers, etc).
- To initiate collaboration between funding agencies in Europe to sponsor collectively investigator-initiated European trials in ALS.
- To reach consensus on a classification of ALS suitable for use in randomized clinical trials.
- To study novel designs for the assessment of the efficacy of new pharmaceutical compounds in ALS.
Registration is closed
The registration for the ENCALS meeting in Sheffield is closed.
You can find the programme on the meeting page.
See you in Sheffield!!